Grandpa Matilde turned 77 on June 20th. But for some reason the family didn't celebrate it until July 4th. Which was good for me because I was able to be there.
We had a pot luck-pool-game-get together party. My tia Julissa made a chocolate cake and a very delicious strawberry cake! It was a good after party relaxation after the whole wedding party.
Here's a better picture of Grandpa, the Birthday Boy!
Overall it was nice to get together with family! I love them and miss them all. You can't tell with all these pictures but there are 9 children in my dad's family. 8 of them have families and there are 20 grandchildren and 2 great-grandchildren. (Norma hurry up and have kids so the number grows!)
I am the eldest grandchild. And I still remember getting together at a young age where all my cousins were Malachi's age. Now I look back at theses pictures and can't believe how fast time goes by. Soon I'll be looking at pictures were Malachi is in his teens and cousins married and hopefully with kids. Crazy to think but that is life!
I love families!
And I love the fact that we are an ETERNAL family! (For those non-LDS viewers: It means we can live together forever. Even after this life.) Though it might not seem the most desiring idea at times, it is were true happiness is found. I know that without a doubt!
No comments:
Post a Comment