Monday, March 28, 2011

A quarter of a century old!

So I turned 25 on Wednesday, March 9th. I'm a quarter of a century old. I cannot believe it! Honestly, it seems like just yesterday I was living at home,
-waking up at 5ish am to go to seminary
-playing in band concerts for Christmas (Yes I was a band geek)
-being Drum Major of the marching band during my junior and senior year of high school
-being in the Young Women program and going to girl's camp each summer
-getting in trouble with the Crazy Crew (remember that night we climbed the shopping center roof)

And then there were the college years:
-I still remember vividly the day my mom and dad said goodbye outside V-hall building, my new home for the next year.
-attending my first college English class at 8 a.m.
-going home that summer and working at Mary Kay and being excited to have a full-time internship position with them, getting paid $16/hr
-sophomore year living in the townhome with Jenny, Darcie, and Brittany
-junior year living with Gris, Blanca, and Kristen
-getting the coolest job ever at the LAO (library administrative office) as a student secretary
-meeting Jacob and realizing he was the one!

Married life:
-our first apartment; small, cozy, and new
-finding out we were expecting!
-our first family ward and being called the YSA advisors
-our second apartment and having my sisters live in Utah

and the list goes on....

I have come a long way and am very happy with life! I feel very blessed to have a wonderful husband. I have the sweetest 2 year old who doesn't stop amazing me with the things he does each day. And the new beautiful addition to our family this year, Hannah. She is a mellow, cuddling, chubster. She's growing fast!

Well back to the birthday. It was a good one. I had blueberry pancakes for breakfast. Ate at the Cheesecake factory for the first time. We arrived and Hannah and Malachi fell asleep so Jacob and I enjoyed a quiet dinner for half an hour or so! The food was amazing. Jacob and Malachi bought me a cheesecake that we enjoyed for the next two weeks! I felt very much loved that day. It was a good 25th birthday! I am 25. Wow. I am getting old! :)

Malachi & I ready to head out.

Rebbeca made this delicious cookie cake.

No comments: