Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend

We started planning a weekend getting away to Hershey Park, PA. Which was cancelled first by the weather forecast and secondly, Malachi was very sick on Friday with a congestion. We decided to stick around on Saturday and if he became better we'd plan a trip to the beach on Monday.

Saturday came in he definitely felt much better. So we had breakfast at Panera Bread and then upon Malachi's request, we went bowling.




 

We were one of the few people there that Saturday morning. I guess everyone headed to the beach early. We only played one game because we didn't want to torture Hannah having to sit in her stroller for two games. She actually fell asleep on our way there and stayed asleep as I transferred her to the stroller so that helped her out a bit. I beat everyone for this first time. I believe it was due to having the right ball size for the first time! The last couple of times we've gone bowling, Jacob AND Malachi both kick my butt!

As we walked back to our car we realized how hot and humid it was. And I remembered that the YMCA pool opened today! So we headed to the pool to cool off. Hannah loved it and wasn't scared to jump off the edge into the pool. (Sorry no pictures here)

By Sunday, Malachi just had a small cough so we decided to head to Ocean City, NJ the next day. We didn't want to wake up too early so we decided to just take it easy. We arrived there around noon. The beach is about 1.5 hrs away from our home. We found a pretty close parking spot to the Boardwalk. Malachi enjoyed it but Hannah did not like the feeling of the sticky-dirty sand all over her. Though she loved the seagulls. Lately she is into animals, especially birds and dogs. So anytime we are out and about we try to spot a bird flying. She loves it!





After the beach we had a late lunch at one of the restaurants and then got ourselves some delicious desserts!
I had my fix of funnel cake! And yes I ate it all! 

Well I did share some with Jacob. 

Hannah wanted  her cone

Malachi loves ice cream! Can you tell? 
It was very hot and humid so we decided to head back home around 4. Not even 5 minutes into the drive and this is how they ended up on our drive home...

Even though we didn't get to go out as planned to Hershey Park, we surely had a good weekend full of fun! We ended our day with a movies and blankets. And of course, pizza for dinner! :)


2 comments:

Ashley S. said...

Why is Hannah so cute??!! I LOVE her! Even though I have never met her :)

Kristin said...

Ocean City, yeah!!!! Hahaha!! Looks like you guys had a blast!! Great pictures!! :)