Hannah is a very demanding baby! Honestly. Well I guess compared to Malachi.
Up until two weeks ago, she slept with us in our bed. It just made nursing easier for me and I got more sleep that way. But lately she was depending on that nursing every time she woke up and needed to go back to sleep in the middle of the night. I was not getting at least 3-4 hours of consecutive sleep. I finally had to put my foot down and be strong. And honestly I think deep down I wanted to avoid those long nights of letting your baby cry in the crib. But I figured it was time. She was already 9 months!
I was very fortunate that the transition was easier than I expected. Now she's down by 9 p.m. and sleeps until 6 or 5 a.m.
You might ask what does Hannah's sleeping habits have to do with the title of this post. Well back in September my friend and I decided that when Twilight came out, we would go and watch it. I knew that whether we had a 'Girls' night' or 'Date night' I would have to leave Hannah behind with Jacob or a babysitter. Hannah would need to be trained on going to bed in her crib without me having to nurse her to sleep. Hence the previous information and the ability on us going out!
Back to the really purpose of this post. :) So, yes, I am a Twilight fan! Thanks to my friend Kristin. Before this summer I had watched the movies, when the opportunity presented itself but hadn't read the books. One day at Kristin's house we started talking about it and she let me borrow the books to read. I was hooked! I ready the fourth book in the two weeks I was in Utah! Yes, two weeks is long, but not if you take into account that I am a mom and I was suppose to be on vacation in Utah.
Any who, we convinced our husbands to tag along! Plus another couple that joined us. We had dinner and then waited in line an hour before the movie to get somewhat good seats. There was already a big line by the time we got there. I will have to say this was my favorite movie by far from the other 3. It stuck to the book's story line more.
We had some awesome friends in our ward babysit at our place. They have a one year old that enjoys playing with Malachi and Hannah.
I'm not going to lie, I was scared leaving Hannah. Not because I didn't trust our friends but because I was afraid she would give them a hard time. Luckily, she was good according to them and was asleep by the time we came back home.
We decided with our babysitters that we'll trade off each month babysitting each other's kids or kid in their case so that the other couple can go on a date. Oh the joy of having friends!
We have been very blessed to make such good friends since we've moved out here! And how blessed we are to have the Gospel in our lives. It is through the Gospel that we've met all of our friends. I am grateful for that. Especially when you live far away from family, like in our case, these friends become your family!
No comments:
Post a Comment